- 7 cups vegetable broth homemade (or from the store no salt added)
- 1/4 cup Dimitri Extra Virgin Olive Oil (DEVOO)
- 1 cup trahana or whole wheat, barley, or regular couscous
- 6 ripe fresh tomatoes cut in half , grate them and discard the skin
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Goat cheese or any type of grated cheese (optional)
- If you want to make your own vegetable broth: Boil on low heat: 2 onions, 4 scallions, 3 leeks, 4 carrots, parsley and celery for an hour.
- Strain using a cheese cloth and squeeze the vegetables to get all the juice.
- In a large pot heat the broth, add the tomatoes and the Dimitri extra virgin olive oil.
- When it comes to a boil remove the pot from the heat and stir in the couscous.
- Return to boil for 8-10 minutes. Add the sea salt and the fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls with goat cheese or any type of grated cheese.
For best results, use Dimitri Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil